Personal information we collect and use
The types of information we collect when you use the Site depend on the features you use on the Site. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, device, or household. For example, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We will handle your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and describe the information collected below:
- Identifiers, which may include name, address, Internet Protocol address, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on the Site). They are used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to process an order. For example, when you order from our Site, you provide your first and last name, email address, and other identifying information. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Personal information categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other payment and financial information. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or process an order. For example, we need your payment information when you purchase services from us. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age or gender. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information or to provide relevant services. For example, we may use this information for targeted advertising. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
- Commercial information, which may include records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to screen for potential risk or fraud, to respond to an inquiry, or process an order. For example, we keep track of your purchases to create a purchase history. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity, which may include usage and browsing history; device information, including device properties; search history; information on your interaction with our Site; and error logs. We source this information directly or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to improve our Site. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers, data analytics providers, and internet service providers. Please see our “Cookies” section below for more information on our collection, use, and opt-out options.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you, (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
Your decision to provide any personal information is voluntary. However, please note that, if you do not provide certain personal information, we may not be able to accomplish some purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and you may not be able to use or access certain services on our Site.
Cookies, online tracking, and ads
- We also use Facebook and Instagram tools to measure your use of our Site, tailor our Site to your interests, and improve our products and services. Please note, Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook account and use it for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at Facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information:
- Directly from you, you may give us your personal information when you do any of the following:
- Access or use the Site;
- Create an account on the Site;
- Enter into a contract with us or purchase our products;
- Sign up for a waiting list or inquire about our Site or offerings;
- Participate in a promotion, survey, event or other marketing campaign organized by us;
- Subscribe to our newsletters, alerts or notices;
- Request marketing materials to be sent to you; or
- Contact us.
- When you interact with the Site. As you interact with and use the Site, we may automatically collect your personal information, e.g., your internet, technical or other similar network activity. We may also collect personal information by using website cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive your personal information from third parties, which include:
- Internet, technical or other similar network activity from analytics providers such as Google, advertising networks and social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram; and
- Identifiers and commercial information from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with domestic or foreign third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys, or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other domestic or foreign promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with domestic or foreign third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Site to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices. See above in the “Cookies” section for more information on our collection, how it is used, and how to opt-out.
- Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How we respond to do not track signals
The “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) privacy preference is an option that may be made in some web browsers allowing you to opt-out of tracking by websites and online services. At this time, global standard DNT technology is not yet finalized and not all browsers support DNT. We therefore do not recognize DNT signals and do not respond to them.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services and to comply with our accounting and legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We take reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any personal information you provide to us. Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure due to the inherent risks of data transmission over the Internet. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Consent to transfer
If you are visiting our Site from a location outside of the U.S., such as the EU or other regions with data protection laws that differ from those of the U.S., please be aware that your connection may be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our server and other internal systems located within the U.S. or otherwise as described above. You acknowledge you understand that by providing your personal information to us, your personal information (i) will be used for the uses identified above in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and (ii) may be transferred to the U.S. as indicated above, in accordance with applicable law. By using the Site, participating in any of the services, and/or providing us with this information, you acknowledge this transfer, which may not offer the same level of data protection as the country where you reside, in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Lawful bases on which we process your personal information
we collect and use personal information when we have a lawful basis to do so as follows:
- To register you as a new customer.
- At your direction and with your consent.
- To fulfill contracts we might have with you. This includes, for example, if you make an order through the Site.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To administer, operate, provide, maintain, and protect our business and our Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, as well as ensuring that unauthorized users do not access information on our Site).
- To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To send you relevant information about our events, news announcements or promotions.
- To enable you to complete a survey or participate in a promotion, survey, event or other marketing campaign organized by us.
- For other legitimate business purposes, where legally permissible. This includes, but is not limited to, legal compliance and the purposes described above.
- To contact you in relation to all the above purposes described above.
- To comply with a legal obligation. For example, to comply with the law or respond to a legal process or lawful request, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If there is any change in the purposes for which we collect your personal information, we will inform you of such change. If you wish to obtain an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purposes, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this Privacy Statement. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Your California rights
If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to the below rights:
- the right to know.You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom this information was shared. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form.
- the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. We do not sell your personal information currently, we do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and we do not sell the personal information of children under 16 years old.
- the right to request deletionof your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions; and
- the right to not be discriminated againstfor exercising any of the rights mentioned above.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Whenever feasible for verification, we will match the identifying information provided by you to the personal information already maintained by us. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request additional information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must have permission to submit requests on your behalf. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Collection and use of information from children under the age of 18
The Site is not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from visitors under the age of 18 and, in the event that we learn that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such personal information.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons. Any new change and/or amendments will be noted on this page. We will also update the Last Updated date above. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will notify you by prominently posting the changes on our Site or by using the contact information you have on file with us. By continuing to use our Site you are agreeing to be bound by any changes or revisions made to this Privacy Statement.